In no particular order, some things Simplish does for your WordPress site:
- Valid HTML5 output.
- Internationalization: Simplish ships with the following locales and is ready for translation into more:
- Greek (
- French, France (
- Portuguese, Portugal (
- Swedish, Sweden (
- Belarusian, Belarus (be_BY)
- Russian, Russia (ru_RU)
- Turkish, Turkey (tr_TR)
- Greek (
- Title elements are Google-friendly out of the box, using the Pagename – Sitename convention.
- Microformats support: Entries are hAtom microformatted, including ISO published date, author hCard.
- Author archive bio pages with author URL and bio from profile, author Gravatar, wrapped in an hCard. Rather handy on multi-author blogs.
- Threaded comments (aka nested replies) (WP 2.7+).
- Custom menu support (WP 3.0+)
- Commenter Gravatars.
- Individual permalinks for Comments.
- Nifty Sitemap page template.
- Standard-issue and valid Archives and Links (aka Blogroll) page templates.
- Sensible styling for base elements, (e.g., tables, lists).
- Simple CSS for print media type, and your readers’ printers.
- Only one image, 256 Bytes (the header shadow gradient).
- Image Captions styles.
- Stylesheet includes
.alignrightconvenience classes for content image alignment.
- Tags Taxonomy.
- Choose-your-taxonomy: Use categories, tags, both, or none. Simplish shows what exists; gracefully suppresses Category/Tags display if they don’t exist, per-post.
- Sidebar widgets supported.
- Honors your date format settings.
- Prev/Next post links on single-post views.
- Source is available and free, licensed under the GPL. You can use, modify, and even redistribute your own version of Simplish.
- Listed in (and meets the requirements of) the Official WordPress Themes Directory.