Posted by – January 18, 2011
Introducing Simplish 2.5.1!
Neither of the 2.4.1 or 2.5 versions were officially released in the Themes Directory, so for many users, 2.5.1 rolls up several months of changes, fixes, and enhancements.
- Use WordPress’s
body_class() to automatically generate CSS classes for content
post_class() for same reasons
- Rename ambigious
#page element ID to
- Standardize use of
wp_link_pages() for intra-article pagination
- Add sticky post styling
- Replace deprecated use of
- Cleanup places where floats need explicit clearing
- Adopt the
comment_form() function and stop hand-building the comment form
- Comments on Pages
- Standardize the inner link to
#comments like every other wp theme on the planet
- Give the widget sidebar a name
- Improve and complete excerpt handling
- Initial Post Thumbnail/Featured Image support
- Add custom background image and color support and theme admin interface
the_widget() where possible in default sidebar
- Improve single-image view (
- Replace deprecated
- New Turkish tr_TR locale courtesy of Default32
Check the complete changelog for more details.
Download Simplish version 2.5.1 here (.zip, sha1:44ea012de16b4a50a3ba1fb67efd74136390b7b9), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – August 6, 2010
Simplish version 2.4.1 is a minor update that streamlines some HTML5 bits and adds and updates localizations.
- Add basic ARIA landmark roles support
- Add Russian (ru_RU) localization (courtesy Michael Sgibnev)
- Update Greek (el) localization for new v2.4+ strings (thanks to Demetris)
Download Simplish version 2.4.1 here (.zip, sha1:8f7e3ac0709076b60127b648c9d669835446a9ab), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – June 17, 2010
Simplish version 2.4 is here, hand-in-hand with the new WordPress 3.0.
First and foremost: This release is not compatible with earlier versions of WordPress. Use it only with WP3.0 and up.
Only minor refinements are apparent to the eye: You won’t see the word “Trackback” in the comments area anymore, and the former “Pages” list in the default sidebar is now labeled “Navigation” to accommodate the optional custom menu. Just beneath the surface, the theme now outputs HTML5 where once there was XHTML 1.0.
- HTML5 output
- Support new custom menus
- New CSS reset
- Suppress the inline gallery style — remove a validation stumbling block
- CSS updates for gallery styling, efficiency
- Use automatic feed links for uniform & dynamic header metadata
- Rewrite and modernize
functions.php — better child theme override support
- Replace/remove deprecated WordPress function calls
Check out the change log for a complete list.
Download Simplish version 2.4 here (.zip, sha1:65dcb73e219d6ea20a3363554e76e2033a5b4db0), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
The current Simplish development sources incorporate a growing list of changes, most of them aimed at compatibility with and exploitation of features in the upcoming WordPress version 3.0. Testers and developers can hg clone the in-progress code, but note that it will run only on the latest WordPress v3.0 betas, or svn tip, and should be used only for testing and development.
Simplish 2.3 continues to be the official release for stable WordPress (v2.9.2).
Posted by – October 30, 2009
Changes in version 2.2.1:
- Synchronized French and Swedish translations
- Decreased vertical space below the byline on each post
- Switch back to Verdana font on Windows (from Calibri)
Download Simplish version 2.2.1 here (.zip,
sha1:ac7b527fce64c8f40c2556fef9caa18098b2ceb0), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – October 18, 2009
Version 2.2 introduces the largest set of changes in several months, including new translations for French and Portuguese, minor styling enhancements, and a CSS rewrite that makes things more efficient without changing Simplish’s good looks.
On a display, there is only a single visible change in this release, but the numerous changes to the theme’s CSS will affect customizers or child-themers and therefore prompt a minor version bump over the venerable 2.1[.x] series. Print styles, on the other hand, have changed both in code and in visual presentation.
In honor of translators’ contributions since version 2.1.17, the Simplish Demo is rotating through the supported localizations.
- Add fr_FR localization for French, thanks to ttynixer.
- Add pt_PT localization for Portuguese, thanks to ttynixer.
- Optimize CSS according to Google Page Speed analysis.
- Rewrite CSS for simplicity and efficiency. Reduce over-specification.
- Trim dead selectors/rules. Merge some sharable selectors/rules.
- Add new archives-list CSS class for common multiple-post listing styles.
- Add underline on hover to author name in post byline.
- More precisely define font, color, layout rules for printed output.
For a very detailed record of the changes in this release, see the developer changelog.
Download Simplish version 2.2 here (.zip,
sha1:876b61a43a5da2bf98dd6392d65f972008956495), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – September 19, 2009
Simplish v2.1.11 applies a single CSS change to hide the “search for:” text on the default sidebar search.
Download Simplish version 2.1.11 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – September 4, 2009
Simplish v2.1.10 makes one change to the styling for
pre elements, removing the outline border box.
This release simply serves to get the very-slightly-different code we’ve run since the 2.1.9 release out into daylight.
It has had the benefit of production use and testing up to the latest WordPress svn tip (inclusive of the current release, 2.8.4, of course).
Download Simplish version 2.1.10 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – August 4, 2008
Concentrate on Captions
This is a very-minor release that:
- Styles image captions (generated by WP2.6+) with nicer font and spacing/padding
- Removes unused code in