Posted by – September 22, 2008
We focused on cleaner, more orderly CSS and some code factoring in this release. Visual changes are minor, but post metadata display is tighter, while line heights have been widened ever-so-slightly for easier readability in long text passages.
- Fix spacing below Tag Cloud sidebar widget above certain elements (thanks op111.net).
- Rename hCard generator functions more rationally.
- Uncompress line heights.
- Remove explicit permalink from entry meta display; entry title now serves uniformly.
- Remove the Meta label from entry meta section; unnecessary.
- Add per-comment permalink on comment date.
- Style more basic elements:
dl styles improved/added (adopted bits of Blueprint CSS).
- Removed remaining uses of visual alignright/alignleft convenience classes in favor of more-semantic class names in the template markup.
- Add entry meta display to image attachment template.
- Improve fall-back fonts in CSS (thanks op111.net).
- Split entry title/byline and meta into include files that produce the main hAtom microformatting.
Download Simplish version 2.1.1 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – August 19, 2008
Major overhaul and hCard departures
- Complete hcard/hatom microformatting for posts, authors, even the theme itself.
- Blog.txt/Sandbox-inspired hCard producer functions
- Author’s posts page `extended’ author hCard, with Gravatar
- Improved Archive page (monthly, category, tag, etc) with Archive-level title
- Implemented hAtom hfeed classes around Archives lists as appropriate
- Add single post prev/next post links near footer
- Standardize presentation of prev/next ^(page post), read more, and edit links, respectively, at bottom of content
- Change to simple “Google Style” Subject – Sitename title elements
- Add search term feedback in search results page title and content
- Extensive validation and testing against: WordPress 2.6.1, WordPress 2.7-bleeding, WordPress-µ 2.6 and µ svn HEAD
- Override default gallery shortcode to make output visually identical, but valid XHTML
- New Sitemap template page
- (Minor) code cleanup of Links and Archives page templates
- Sidebar [ol ul] lists styling fixes, and show page hierarchy with indents
- Bare beginnings of gettext internationalization
Get the latest Simplish right here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.