Posted by – June 17, 2010
Simplish version 2.4 is here, hand-in-hand with the new WordPress 3.0.
First and foremost: This release is not compatible with earlier versions of WordPress. Use it only with WP3.0 and up.
Only minor refinements are apparent to the eye: You won’t see the word “Trackback” in the comments area anymore, and the former “Pages” list in the default sidebar is now labeled “Navigation” to accommodate the optional custom menu. Just beneath the surface, the theme now outputs HTML5 where once there was XHTML 1.0.
- HTML5 output
- Support new custom menus
- New CSS reset
- Suppress the inline gallery style — remove a validation stumbling block
- CSS updates for gallery styling, efficiency
- Use automatic feed links for uniform & dynamic header metadata
- Rewrite and modernize
functions.php — better child theme override support
- Replace/remove deprecated WordPress function calls
Check out the change log for a complete list.
Download Simplish version 2.4 here (.zip, sha1:65dcb73e219d6ea20a3363554e76e2033a5b4db0), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – October 30, 2009
Changes in version 2.2.1:
- Synchronized French and Swedish translations
- Decreased vertical space below the byline on each post
- Switch back to Verdana font on Windows (from Calibri)
Download Simplish version 2.2.1 here (.zip,
sha1:ac7b527fce64c8f40c2556fef9caa18098b2ceb0), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – October 18, 2009
Version 2.2 introduces the largest set of changes in several months, including new translations for French and Portuguese, minor styling enhancements, and a CSS rewrite that makes things more efficient without changing Simplish’s good looks.
On a display, there is only a single visible change in this release, but the numerous changes to the theme’s CSS will affect customizers or child-themers and therefore prompt a minor version bump over the venerable 2.1[.x] series. Print styles, on the other hand, have changed both in code and in visual presentation.
In honor of translators’ contributions since version 2.1.17, the Simplish Demo is rotating through the supported localizations.
- Add fr_FR localization for French, thanks to ttynixer.
- Add pt_PT localization for Portuguese, thanks to ttynixer.
- Optimize CSS according to Google Page Speed analysis.
- Rewrite CSS for simplicity and efficiency. Reduce over-specification.
- Trim dead selectors/rules. Merge some sharable selectors/rules.
- Add new archives-list CSS class for common multiple-post listing styles.
- Add underline on hover to author name in post byline.
- More precisely define font, color, layout rules for printed output.
For a very detailed record of the changes in this release, see the developer changelog.
Download Simplish version 2.2 here (.zip,
sha1:876b61a43a5da2bf98dd6392d65f972008956495), or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – September 19, 2009
Simplish v2.1.11 applies a single CSS change to hide the “search for:” text on the default sidebar search.
Download Simplish version 2.1.11 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – September 4, 2009
Simplish v2.1.10 makes one change to the styling for
pre elements, removing the outline border box.
This release simply serves to get the very-slightly-different code we’ve run since the 2.1.9 release out into daylight.
It has had the benefit of production use and testing up to the latest WordPress svn tip (inclusive of the current release, 2.8.4, of course).
Download Simplish version 2.1.10 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – November 16, 2008
Very nifty rework of the simple Simplish base into the theme on Inte en jävla blogg. I don’t read Swedish, but I know cupcakes make me happy, too!
From what I can make out from systrans and Briannatrans, the author had a good day at work. Good for her, and nice work on that theme, too.
Posted by – October 20, 2008
This release contains fixes for some minor bugs, and switches to relative (
em) font sizing.
- Replace deprecated
get_settings() call with
- Improve and simplify hCards for authors, commenters, and the theme footer link, removing mis-used
n class (thanks Martin McEvoy @ weborganics.co.uk).
- Further define and improve Windows fall-back fonts in CSS (thanks Demetris @ op111.net).
- Define fonts with relative (
em) rather than absolute (
px) sizes, allowing resizing in IE6 (thanks op111.net).
background-color (thanks op111.net).
- Use a more humane representation of the date in day archive page
h1 element (no leading zero).
Download Simplish version 2.1.2 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – September 22, 2008
We focused on cleaner, more orderly CSS and some code factoring in this release. Visual changes are minor, but post metadata display is tighter, while line heights have been widened ever-so-slightly for easier readability in long text passages.
- Fix spacing below Tag Cloud sidebar widget above certain elements (thanks op111.net).
- Rename hCard generator functions more rationally.
- Uncompress line heights.
- Remove explicit permalink from entry meta display; entry title now serves uniformly.
- Remove the Meta label from entry meta section; unnecessary.
- Add per-comment permalink on comment date.
- Style more basic elements:
dl styles improved/added (adopted bits of Blueprint CSS).
- Removed remaining uses of visual alignright/alignleft convenience classes in favor of more-semantic class names in the template markup.
- Add entry meta display to image attachment template.
- Improve fall-back fonts in CSS (thanks op111.net).
- Split entry title/byline and meta into include files that produce the main hAtom microformatting.
Download Simplish version 2.1.1 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.