Version 2.2 introduces the largest set of changes in several months, including new translations for French and Portuguese, minor styling enhancements, and a CSS rewrite that makes things more efficient without changing Simplish’s good looks.
On a display, there is only a single visible change in this release, but the numerous changes to the theme’s CSS will affect customizers or child-themers and therefore prompt a minor version bump over the venerable 2.1[.x] series. Print styles, on the other hand, have changed both in code and in visual presentation.
In honor of translators’ contributions since version 2.1.17, the Simplish Demo is rotating through the supported localizations.
- Add fr_FR localization for French, thanks to ttynixer.
- Add pt_PT localization for Portuguese, thanks to ttynixer.
- Optimize CSS according to Google Page Speed analysis.
- Rewrite CSS for simplicity and efficiency. Reduce over-specification.
- Trim dead selectors/rules. Merge some sharable selectors/rules.
- Add new archives-list CSS class for common multiple-post listing styles.
- Add underline on hover to author name in post byline.
- More precisely define font, color, layout rules for printed output.
For a very detailed record of the changes in this release, see the developer changelog.