Simplish version 2.1.8

Posted by – April 19, 2009

A minor update that adds a Swedish, Sweden (sv_SE) localization, adds a few missed strings for translation, and makes more appropriate use of en dash (“–”) rather than the minus (“-”) character.

• Add sv_SE localization files for Swedish. Thanks Clement Durand.
  • Update el localization files for Greek. Thanks Demetris at op111.net.
  • Switch most page-visible minus literals to &ndash; entities. Thanks Demetris at op111. (For compatibility, the minus convention is maintained in <title> elements.)

Download Simplish version 2.1.8 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.

7 Comments on Simplish version 2.1.8

1. josh says:

In versions 2.1.7 and 2.1.8, I removed Scott Wallick’s credit from the theme files by mistake. Simplish still uses an hcard function based on one from blog.txt, and so I’ve restored Scott’s credits on the About page, and they’ll be back in the NOTICE file in the next release of Simplish.

Sorry about that, Scott.

2. G says:

Why is there no comment form on pages with Simplish? Am I missing something? Many thanks in advance.

3. josh says:

You’re not missing anything – the theme currently doesn’t include the comments on Pages, only on Posts.

I’ll add a “Page with Comments” template in the next version, and you’ll be able to choose if a page should show comments or not, per-page.

For now, you can change your local copy to have all pages display comments. Add this line:
    <?php comments_template(); ?>
    to page.php:18.

4. G says:

Hey, that was quick; thanks a lot! Should have figured out this one myself though.

Great theme, BTW!

5. Aci says:

I really love your theme and would absolutely love to user it in the near future for a little blog that I’m planning.

Still, would it be too much to ask for a 3-column version? I don’t really know anything about php, css and whatnot. Is it a simple question of adding some lines to the code? Or would it imply a totally different restyling?

Again, thanks for this wonderful theme dude!

Cheers,

Aci

6. josh says:

We talked about a 2-column version back at version 2.1.6, and the comments on that post explain my opposition to adding more than the single sidebar to Simplish.

In that same thread I believe you’ll find a fellow who’s done a version with two sidebars, and his code will likely show you the small changes needed to add them. I have a feeling you’ll face a series of CSS adjustments to try to fit as many as 3 of them into the frame.

7. Aci says:

Thanks! Will do…

Now with the new version and all ;)