Posted by – February 20, 2009
The 2.1.6 release of Simplish contains two fixes for problems discovered in version 2.1.5:
- Default sidebar Pages menu now honors admin panel page Order settings
- Footer text is once again properly aligned on the vertical
Note that any Simplish ≥ 2.1.5 is compatible only with WordPress versions ≥ 2.7.
Download Simplish version 2.1.6 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – February 5, 2009
Simplish 2.1.5 spruces up support for WordPress version 2.7 features, and is only compatible with WordPress versions ≥ 2.7. The changes are focused on complete support for features, removing compatibility code for older WordPress versions, and fixing a few bugs.
- Auto-generated post classes (and “sticky” post support): Use
post_class() everywhere but the page template
- Fix a dangling
</a> that slipped into the 2.1.4 release (validation)
- Fix excess vertical spacing in content area
li elements (thanks Demetris @ op111.net)
- Eliminate some redundant or over-specified CSS rules for
- Switch to new table styling, derived from Gesso, and eliminate code adopted from Blueprint. Remove Blueprint license file and
- Use new
wp_logout_url() in sidebar logout link
- Replace manual includes with new
- Remove the
ocomments.php file, and much compatibility code from
functions.php (removes support for wp < 2.7)
wp_list_pages() calls with new
wp_page_menu() to allow in-function “Home” link
Download Simplish version 2.1.5 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.
Posted by – February 1, 2009
With the version bump of the Labs/blogs WordPress-µ software to 2.7, we have threaded comments running live here with Simplish 2.1.4, obviating the (regular WordPress) site that had served that demo.
A version 2.1.5 of Simplish will be along soon that eliminates the WordPress version 2.6 compatibility code, and is compatible only with WordPress ≥2.7.