Simplish version 2.1.3

Posted by – November 27, 2008

Another little gift for the holiday: Here’s a new production edition of Simplish. This is the one you should be using on your real site, you know, where you don’t run pre-release software like Simplish 2.1.4RC, or WordPress 2.7-beta…

Version 2.1.3 is a tiny update that contains just one change: a contributed header background graphic (thanks to both Anonymous and Demetris) that’s 10x smaller than the original, down from ~2.7 Kilobytes to a super-slender 256 Bytes.

In other words, this update is definitely not a big deal. But it does trim the theme’s only image down to a size smaller than… most of your blog posts, and might help (a very little bit) with bandwidth or page load times if you’re using Simplish on a very-busy site.

Download Simplish version 2.1.3 here, or see it soon in the WordPress themes directory.

5 Comments on Simplish version 2.1.3

1. Arthur says:

Excellent theme. Thanks for keeping the layout simple.

2. Arthur says:

(this is one of the themes that reads well on the iPod touch… Once again, thanks for the excellent theme)

3. Arthur says:

I’m a fan of ‘grouping posts’ by date, so for your consideration, which I do like this (main index template):

<div id="article-" class="hentry">
    <?php if ($new_post_time $curr_post_time) { ?>

I use an extra H2 class. Additionally, hentryhead contains a condition to properly format the time for entries (no need to show date) when at WP’s “homepage” ( is_home()) and use full dates+times in other cases (see my website and click on a tag.).

4. Arthur says:

(I think WP ate my code there… where do I send this to by e-mail?)

5. josh says:

@Arthur: you can mail patches to josh@utopian.net — while I have pretty code, pre, and tt styles, I can’t keep the php code from being munged out.

Mail ‘em over and I’ll take a look.